Friday, November 16, 2012

Things From My Desk: Lunchtime Edition - DiBella's Subs

This is a special lunchtime edition post. I'm starting to run out of somewhat interesting things from my desk.

I decided to try out one of the local sub shops. Ann Arbor has many great restaurants, but it can be a challenge getting to them from south of town. Fortunately, I'm near Zingerman's Bakehouse. The selection is great but limited compared to their main deli location. But, I've been there several times and want something different.

Yelp pointed me to DiBella's Old Fasioned Subs just a short hop over the expressway from my office. Reviews were pretty good so I decided to give it a go. In short, it makes Subway look like a kiddie sandwich shop. I had the Godfather - Genoa Salami, Capicola, and Spicy Ham on a Everything bun. The bun is a bit like an everything style bagel. Nice crusty exterior with a semi-soft interior that holds up well. I can't go there often as I'm trying to lose weight, but I'll definitely be back!

The Godfather

1 comment: